This rasam is very good for someone who is having cold . It can be had simply as a soup on a cold day.It tastes yummy with some steaming hot rice with ghee and potato fry:))
1) Thoor dhall - 1 1/2 tblsp
2) Red chillies - 3 to 4
3) Cumin seeds - 1 1/4th tblsp
4) Pepper corns - 1 1/2 tblsp
5) Curry leaves - few
6) Garlic(optional) - 2 pods
7) Tomatoes roughly chopped - 2
8) Fresh mint leaves - 1/2 cup
9) Salt to taste
10) Tamarind extract - 1/4th cup
11) Ghee for tempering.
13) Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
14) Fresh coriander leaves - few
15) Mustard seeds - 1tsp
Dry roast thoor dhall,red chillies,cumin seeds,pepper corns,curry leaves,hing and garlic.Grind the above roasted ingredients with tomatoes and pudina.
In a vessel, pour the ground mixture and add some water, bring it to a boil. Now, add some turmeric powder.Then,add the tamarind pulp and salt to the mixture and boil it till nice aroma comes.Then add the coriander leaves.The rasam is ready switch off the stove.
Now,in a small pan,heat ghee .Add mustard seed,cumin seeds,hing and curry leaves and allow it to crackle. Pour the tempering into the rasam.
Hot rasam is ready!!! enjoy.