This korma recipe is a popular dish. It is a rich recipe with a combination of different vegetables and dried fruits. It is good for parties.
1) Cut vegetables(green beans, carrot, green peas,cauliflower,capsicum,potatoes) - 1 1/2 cups
2) Onions(chopped) - 1 cup
3) Tomatoes(chopped) - 1 1/2 cups
4) Half and half(combination of cream and milk) - 2 cups
5) Oil - 2 tblsp
6) Ghee - 2 tblsp
7) Ginger garlic paste - 1tbsp
8) Coriander powder - 1 tblsp
9) Turmeric - 1 tblsp
10) Red chilly powder - as per taste
11) Garam masala powder - 1 1/2 tblsp
12) Pineapple( chunks) - 1 cup
13) Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
14) To grind:
coconut- 2 tblsp
cashews - 7 to 8
almonds (skin peeled) - 5 to 6
fennel seeds( saunf) - 1 tblsp
poppy seeds(gus-gus) - 1 tblsp
Soak cashews and almond for sometime and then grind
15) Salt to taste
16) Ghee roasted dried fruits (cashews, raisins) - 2 tblsp for garnish
17) Dried spices ( bay leaf, cloves, Cinnamon stick etc) - 1 tsp
Boil all the cut vegetables and keep aside. Grind the above mentioned ingredients (number 14) into a thick paste.
In a big pan, heat oil and ghee together, fry the dried spices. Fry the chopped onions until tender,add ginger garlic paste and fry for minute. Now, add the ground paste and again cook for a minute. Later, add the tomatoes to the pan and fry. Then , add coriander powder, turmeric, red chilly powder and garam masala powder. Add the boiled vegetables to the mixture and and put salt. Cook the mixture in half and half for 10 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked in the thick sauce. Add pineapple now and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
Garnish the korma with ghee roasted dried fruits and fresh coriander leaves.
Hot Korma ready!!!!!!!!!! enjoy it with any kind of Indian bread.