Monday, June 27, 2011

Pasta Salad

 
Posted by Picasa


I guess we all have an universal liking for pasta.But it starts to worry me at times that it becomes loaded with fat and carbohydrates when we add cheese to it.I always try to make pasta bit more healthier and was looking for more interesting styles and versions to cook this pasta..It clicked this time!!!!I got the best taste ever and less of calories too!!!!...Who does not want that right??...It was so colorful and it tasted sooo good,I thought I should share it with everyone.

INGREDIENTS:
1) Multi-grain pasta uncooked - 3/4th cup(I used two varieties of leftover pasta)
2) Mixed fresh vegetables chopped into bite size - 1 1/2 cups
(I used tomatoes,black olives,corn kernels,green bell pepper,can add any
others too)
3) Salad Dressing:
Olive oil - 2tblsp
Lime juice - 3tblsp
Grated garlic - 1 pod
Salt to taste
Pepper powder to taste
Italian seasoning - 1/2tsp(can use fresh herbs too)
4) Grated Parmesan cheese(optional) - 1tblsp

Cook pasta as per the instructions on the box.Drain it and set aside

Whisk all the salad dressing ingredients in a bowl.Set aside.

When the pasta is cold enough,toss it along with the salad dressing.Adjust salt and pepper if needed.Garnish it with some cheese gratings.That's it,its so simple.

Lovely colorful salad is ready!!! Serve it with some soup of your choice.

Note: You can also add lovely fresh seasonal berries,nuts and croutons to make it more delicious and healthy:))..

No comments:

Post a Comment