Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Verukadalai/Peanut Sundal-Navarathri Delight

 
Posted by Picasa




As navaratri is just around the corner,I thought I would share this very simple sundal recipe.I remember,when we were young,we used to eagerly wait for the navarathi holidays..we would be excited to go to friends and families house for vethala pakku and sundal collection :))..It was really fun!!!These nine days brings out the festive mood in all of us,especially the bommai kolu which is the highlight.There used to be prizes for best kolu in the block.Well,I think I am boring,enough with my stories:0..Wish you all a very happy navarathri!!! Hope you all like my recipe...

INGREDIENTS:

1)Peanuts - 1 1/2 cups
2)Grated carrot - 1/4th cup
3)Grated raw mango - 1/4th cup
4)Grated green chillies - 2 to 3
5)Lemon juice - 2tblsp
6)Salt to taste
7)Coriander leaves for garnish

Pressure cook peanuts along with salt.Keep aside

Once the peanuts are cooled down a bit,take a mixing bowl,add all of the above ingredients and mix them well.Garnish with coriander leaves.

Tasty sundal is ready!!!

Note:Sundal provides good source of protein,it can be made more interesting by turning it into a salad by adding some lettuce,tomatoes and chat powder to it.You can substitute with any type of pulses like chickpeas,dried green peas,black eyed peas etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment