This vadai recipe is very famous in Tamilnadu. With a little effort you can enjoy a tasty snack.
1) Channa dhal( kadalai parupu) - 1 cup
2) Red chillies - 2
3) Green chillies - 2
4) Fennel seeds( saunf) - 1 tsp
5) Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
6) Coriander leaves - little
7) Curry leaves - little
8) Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 sp
9) Salt to taste
10) Onion(big) - 1 chopped
11) Oil - for frying
Soak channa dhal and red chillies for 2 hours.
Grind the above 1 to 9 ingredients together. Remember do not grind it smoothly, the dhal should be seen prominently. Add the chopped onions to the batter.
In a kadai, heat oil. Make small round patties of the batter and deep fry.
Hot vadai is ready. Serve the vadais with coconut chutney or just have it with coffee or tea.