This snack is very famous in central and northern part of India. It goes well with tea or coffee.
1) Sago - 1cup
2) Potatoes medium sized( boiled and mashed) - 3
3) Onion - 1/2 cup
4) Coriander leaves - few
5) Curry leaves - few
6) Ginger(grated) - 1/2tsp
7) Green chillies as per taste
8) Coriander powder - 1tsp
9) Red chilly powder - 1tsp
10) Peanuts(lightly roasted and coarsely chopped) - 2tbsp
11) Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
12) Rice flour - 1tsp
13) All purpose flour(maida) - 1tsp
14) Salt to taste
15) Oil for frying
Soak sago for 5 to 6 hours. Just an hour before making the vadas drain the sago in a colander.
Boil and mash potatoes. In the same bowl, mix the above fresh and dry spices along with sago.
In a kadai, heat oil. Make small patties out of the batter and deep fry them until golden brown.
Sago vada ready. Enjoy :)